Wednesday, January 4, 2023

Silence

Look at the silence

Of the sky
When it darkens
Before rain
Listen to night fall
Over the city
Fighting darkness
With its lights
How can we go home
If our work is not done
...

The parrot's feather,
I picked up on the terrace 
During my evening walk,
Was green and white with
Maybe a touch of blue
From affinity for the sky,
I kept it for a while in my hand
Wishing I could fly into the night
And be remembered as someone
Who vanished as he wished.
...

Silence is taught
In corporate ashrams
If it can be paid for
Sometimes with life
Someone's silence 
Can be bought
If cost is naught
What happened
To the silence
We fought in school
That we soon learnt to
Turn off and on
It is a deafening silence
When the falsehood is brazen
When the godman speaks
Truth falls silent.


No comments: