Sunday, July 16, 2023

Contradictions

Everyday I look for words

To tell what I have seen
The looked at when they hear 
What I have to say laugh at
What all I have failed to see;
After man first set foot on the moon
The fabled old lady disappeared
When the house lights are on
The old ghosts dare not appear
Those who launch moon landers
Do not baulk at invoking god
For the success of their mission
That rides on human ingenuity
The orthodox present keeps up
The time-worn rituals of the past
Wanting to keep what cannot last
What flees when questons are asked
What to say of those who still believe
That touch pollutes, god is untouchable
For all but the twice-born, well-versed 
In a dead language, spoken by few
The priests fled when the virus spread
Shutting down all their holy places
When I caught it myself refusing the jab
I took all the medicines but prayed I  survive.



No comments: